CLICK here to view the 2016 Greek Triathlon Calendar

CLICK here to view the 2016
Brevets (long distance) Road Bike Events in Greece

The Motivation: If not now, then when? Life is too short to stay inactive.
The Challenge: If you are not willing to suffer, then you shouldn't be racing
The Dream: Staying fit and feeling younger day by day!




15 July 2010

TBP - Estimate your VO2max using an indoor rower at your local gym

Well, I am not a sport's scientist but I always had the will to understand how my body works under intense exercise, how it is dealing with tiredness and how it is possible to keep a given pace for longer.
Physical conditioning has always been a complicated issue for me, but it all started while I was windsurfing - a sport that I have been doing for about a decade now and love so much since it clears up my mind from life's headaches! I wanted to enjoy this sport for as long as I could, count 1, 2, 3 or even more hours during one day on the water during the weekends. But it's physically demanding to cope with this amount of hours if you ONLY windsurf. You need to cross train - windsurfing uses almost all muscles in your body and at the same time your lungs can explode if you over do it!
I signed up at my local gym only to realise that a very effective solution was there: The indoor rower. An exercise machine that people barely use, no wonder why: Try to row for more than 3 minutes and you will see what I mean. It's surprisingly killing the body quickly and makes you to stop without sorrow! When this first happened to me I was faced with
http://www.concept2.com/us/interactive/calculators/vo2max.asp

No comments:

Popular blog articles...